[Numpy-discussion] Built Lapack, Atlas from source.... now numpy.linalg.eig() hangs at 100% CPU

Chris Colbert sccolbert@gmail....
Sat Mar 28 16:17:35 CDT 2009

YES! YES! YES! YES! HAHAHAHA! YES!

using these flags in make.inc to build lapack 1.3.1 worked:

OPTS = O2 -fPIC -m32
NOPTS = O2 -fPIC -m32

then build atlas as normal and build numpy against the static atlas
libraries (building against the .so's created by atlas causes a linking
error in numpy build.log.  Numpy will still work, but who knows what
function may be broken).

Now, off to build numpy 1.3.0rc1

Thanks for all the help gents!

Chris