[Numpy-discussion] [Announce] Numpy 1.3.0 rc1

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Mar 30 01:56:50 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 3:36 AM, Robert Pyle <rpyle@post.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I just installed 2.5.4 from python.org, and the OS X installer still
> doesn't work.  This is on a PPC G5; I haven't tried it on my Intel
> MacBook Pro.

I think I got it. To build numpy, I use virtualenv to make a
"bootstrap" environment, but then the corresponding python path get
embedded in the .mpkg - so unless you have your python interpreter in
exactly the same path as my bootstrap (which is very unlikely), it
won't run at all. This would also explain why I never saw the problem.

I will prepare a new binary,

cheers,

David