[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Mar 30 22:41:02 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is now official that Python will switch to Mercurial (Hg):
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.devel/102706
>
> Not that it directly concerns me, but this is rather surprising given:
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0374/

I don't think it is: as Guido said in his email, someone has to make
the decision, and endless discussion go nowhere, because you can
always make arguments for one or the other. Since some core developers
are strongly against git (Martin Loewis for example), and given that
hg is used by several core python developers already, I think it makes
sense.

cheers,

David