[Numpy-discussion] efficient 3d histogram creation

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu May 7 06:11:28 CDT 2009

2009/5/7 Chris Colbert <sccolbert@gmail.com>:
> This was really my first attempt at doing anything constructive with Cython.
> It was actually unbelievably easy to work with. I think i spent less time
> working on this, than I did trying to find an optimized solution using pure
> numpy and python.

One aspect we often overlook is how easy it is to write a for-loop in
comparison to vectorisation.  Besides, for-loops are sometimes easier
to read as well!

I think the Cython guys are planning some sort of templating, but I'll
CC Dag so that he can tell us more.

Regards
Stéfan