[Numpy-discussion] efficient 3d histogram creation

Fri May 8 11:52:33 CDT 2009

Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hi Dag,
>
> Numpy can now do separate compilations with controlled export of symbols
> when the object files are linked together to make a module. Does Cython
> have
> anyway of controlling the visibility of symbols or should we just include
> the right files in Numpy to get the needed macros?

I'll try an answer but in general it's better to ask these kind of
questions on the Cython list; I'm not an expert on this part of Cython.

If you refer to functions you create in Cython, they are static by default
and not exported. If you declare them "public" then they are not made
static. Finally, if you declare them "api" then they will be made static
but a symbol table for the module in which they can be look up is exported
(as a Python variable in the module; __pyx_c_api).

Dag Sverre