[Numpy-discussion] How to merge or SQL join record arrays in Python?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Mon May 11 17:03:23 CDT 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Wei Su wrote:

> Coming from SAS and R, this is probably the first thing I want to do
> now that I can convert my data into record arrays. But I could not
> find any clues after googling for a while. Any hint or suggestions
> will be great!

That depends what you want, actually, ut this should get you started
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/user/basics.rec.html

Note the slight difference between a structured array (fields
accessible as items) and a recarray (fields accessible as items and
attributes).