[Numpy-discussion] Problem building 1.3.0 on x86_64 platform

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue May 12 21:06:21 CDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:14 AM, James Jackson <james.jackson@cern.ch> wrote:

> I note that the distribution directory being created is build/
> src.linux-x86_64-2.4 - not i386. Can I force the architecture in the
> configure step, as it appears this would be the problem (hinted at by
> LONG_BIG wrong for platform error).

You should make sure you are using the 32 bits python, so that 32 bits
headers will be used. You could use the following to check:

python -c "import platform; print platform.architecture()"

cheers,

David