[Numpy-discussion] building inplace with numpy.distutils?

Robert Cimrman cimrman3@ntc.zcu...
Wed May 13 07:48:37 CDT 2009

Hi (David)!

I am evaluating numpy.distutils as a build/install system for my project
- is it possible to build the extension modules in-place so that the
project can be used without installing it?  A pointer to documentation
concerning this would be handy... Currently I use a regular Makefile for
the build, which works quite well, but is not very portable and does not
solve the package installation.

Otherwise let me say that numpy.distutils work very well, much better
than the plain old distutils.

Best regards,
r.