[Numpy-discussion] view takes no keyword arguments exception

Jochen Schroeder cycomanic@gmail....
Wed May 20 16:51:25 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to help someone out with some problems with pyfftw
(pyfftw.berlios.de). He is seeing an exception,

TypeError: view() takes no keyword arguments

This doesn't only happen when he uses pyfftw but also when he does the
following:

>>> import numpy as np
>>> a=np.arange(10)
>>> print a.view(dtype='float')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: view() takes no keyword arguments

I he's on Windows and sees this error both with numpy 1.1.1 and 1.3.
I'm a bit lost anybody have an idea what could be the problem?

Cheers
Jochen