[Numpy-discussion] view takes no keyword arguments exception

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed May 20 17:20:42 CDT 2009

Hi Jochen

2009/5/20 Jochen Schroeder <cycomanic@gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to help someone out with some problems with pyfftw
> (pyfftw.berlios.de). He is seeing an exception,
>
> TypeError: view() takes no keyword arguments
>
> This doesn't only happen when he uses pyfftw but also when he does the
> following:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> TypeError: view() takes no keyword arguments
>
> I he's on Windows and sees this error both with numpy 1.1.1 and 1.3.
> I'm a bit lost anybody have an idea what could be the problem?

In the older versions of numpy, a.view(float) should work (float is
preferable above 'float' as well), but I would guess that you are
really looking for

a.astype(float)

Regards
Stéfan