[Numpy-discussion] Home for pyhdf5io?

Albert Thuswaldner albert.thuswaldner@gmail....
Sat May 23 15:25:37 CDT 2009

Actually my vision with pyhdf5io is to have hdf5 to replace numpy's
own binary file format (.npy, npz). Pyhdf5io (or an incarnation of it)
should be the standard (binary) way to store data in scipy/numpy. A
bold statement, I know, but I think that it would be an improvement,
especially for those users how are replacing Matlab with sicpy/numpy.

I don't know if this vision of mine is possible to realize, or even
something that is shared by anyone else in the community. So list what
are your thoughts? Are there some people out there, who like the idea
and want to cooperate in realizing it?

/Albert