[Numpy-discussion] Home for pyhdf5io?

Tue May 26 19:05:34 CDT 2009

Robert Kern wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 00:50, Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
>> I assumed so, and I also assume you took a look at netcdf3, but since
>> it's been brought up here, I take it it didn't fit the bill?

> Lack of unsigned and 64-bit integers for the most part. But even if
> they were supported, I didn't see much point in using a standard that
> is being replaced by its own community.

I agree -- I, and many others, are using netcdf4 libs to work with
netcdf3 files, but the change will come.

So we have a technical and social reason not to use it. Good enough for me.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov