[Numpy-discussion] f2py error with -DF2PY_REPORT_ATEXIT

Robin robince@gmail....
Tue Nov 3 12:47:00 CST 2009

Hi,

When I try to build a fortran module with f2py from '1.4.0.dev7618'
with gfortran 4.2.3 from att.com and apple gcc 4.2 on snow leopard I
get the following error when I try to use -DF2PY_REPORT_ATEXIT:

In [1]: import gfint
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)

/Users/robince/fortran/<ipython console> in <module>()

ImportError: dlopen(./gfint.so, 2): Symbol not found: _on_exit
  Referenced from: /Users/robince/fortran/gfint.so
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

Is numpy trac the place for f2py tickets? Or is there an obvious fix.
Inspecting gfint.so shows the same symbols for both architectures, and
_on_exit is listed there with a U which I guess means undefined.

Cheers

Robin