[Numpy-discussion] masked record arrays

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Fri Nov 6 15:21:26 CST 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Thomas Robitaille wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is the status on masked record arrays? It looks from previous
> discussions as though there are two implementations but a lot of these
> discussions seem outdated, so just wondering what the best way to
> create masked record arrays is at the moment. I need to be able to
> mask individual fields in individual records. Is this possible?

Mmh. With a recent (1.3) version of numpy, you should already be able
to mask individual fields of a structured array without problems. If
you need fields to be accessed as attributes the np.recarray way, you
can give numpy.ma.mrecords.MaskedRecords a try. It's been a while I
haven't touched it, so you may run into the occasional bug. FYI, I'm
not a big fan of record arrays and tend to prefer structured ones...
What two implementations were you talking about ?
In any case, feel free to try and please, report any issue you run
into with MaskedRecords.
Cheers
P.