[Numpy-discussion] Vector interpolation on a 2D grid

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Fri Nov 6 16:20:39 CST 2009

All,
I have a vector of observations (latitude,longitude,value) that I need
to interpolate over a given area.
So far, I used Jeff W's basemap to transform the lat/lon in arbitrary
x/y and construct a regular grid, Robert K's delaunay triangulation
routine to project the points on the grid and its nearest-neighbor
interpolator to get a 2D array of estimates.
Have a look for yourself at http://grab.by/gY3
Some colleagues complained that the result looked a bit too choppy,
meaning that too much weight was given to the actual observations.
What are my other options ?
Thx in advance for any idea
P.