[Numpy-discussion] Extremely bizarre behavior I just cant track down...

Chris Colbert sccolbert@gmail....
Mon Nov 9 11:49:41 CST 2009

I've got an issue where trying to pass a numpy array to one of my
cython functions fails, with the exception saying than 'int objects
are not iterable'.

So somehow, my array is going from being perfectly ok (i can display
the image and print its shape and size), to going bad right before the
function call (i can still print the size and shape, but not the array
itself).

I have pastebin'ed a couple of example cases showing the a workaround
and some failures that make absolutely no sense.

http://pastebin.com/m65b0c718

Could one of the numpy geniuses here take a stab at what this could be?

in the call to cvCvtColor() I create a new array which is returned as
grayimg, and I properly incref the dtype before the call to
PyArray_EMPY().

Cheers!

Chris