[Numpy-discussion] failure building trunk with mingw

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sun Nov 22 09:14:30 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 10:01 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Might be nice to print out the actual values of np.spacing and np.nextafter
>> here.
>>

> Yes, I should add some utilities to print those for this kind of test.
> But in this case, I know the problem: mingw gcc use 80 bits long
> double but it uses the MS runtime which considers double and long
> double to be the same (8 bytes).
>
> I think the real fix is to force npy_longdouble to be double on mingw,
> but I don't want to make that change now for 1.4.0.

adding the failing type in the test to the failure message would also
be helpful

from test_umath test_spacing():

>>> for t in [np.float32, np.float64, np.longdouble]:
...     one = t(1)
...     eps = np.finfo(t).eps
...     nan = t(np.nan)
...     inf = t(np.inf)
...     print t
...     print np.spacing(one), eps
...     print np.isnan(np.spacing(nan))
...     print  np.isnan(np.spacing(inf))
...     print  np.isnan(np.spacing(-inf))
<type 'numpy.float32'>
1.19209e-007 1.19209e-007
True
True