[Numpy-discussion] Installing numpy under cygwin

Olivia Cheronet cheronetolivia@yahoo....
Sun Nov 22 15:51:59 CST 2009

Hello,

 I attempted to install Numpy for my Cygwin python again, by simply executing:
 >python setup.py install

 However, I now get the following:
 >File "numpy/core/setup.py", line 253, in check_mathlib
 >  raise EnvironmentError("math library missing; rerun "
 >EnvironmentError: math library missing; rerun setup.py after setting the
 MATHLIB
 >env variable

 I have a math library from cygwin (libm.a), but I have not managed to set it.

 How should I set this?

 Thank you for the help,

 Olivia