[Numpy-discussion] matrix inverse

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu Nov 26 10:55:52 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:34 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> why is http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.matrixlib.defmatrix.matrix.I/
>> classified as unimportant?   .T ?
>>
>> I was looking at http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1093 and
>> didn't find any docs for the matrix inverse.
>
> Ok looking some more, I found
> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.matrixlib.defmatrix.matrix.getI/
>
> I thought it might be problem with generating docs for attributes, but
> the docstring for .I seems editable.
>
> Aren't A.I and A.T the more common use than A.getI, ..?

in defmatrix.py:

    T = property(getT, None, doc="transpose")
    A = property(getA, None, doc="base array")
    A1 = property(getA1, None, doc="1-d base array")
    H = property(getH, None, doc="hermitian (conjugate) transpose")
    I = property(getI, None, doc="inverse")

could take the docstrings from the get? function instead ?

Josef