[Numpy-discussion] Is anyone knowledgeable about dll deployment on windows ?

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke@uci....
Mon Nov 30 12:44:25 CST 2009

The most popular/simple way to deal with the VC90.CRT dependency issue
is to have the user install the runtime redistributable on their system.
If you don't want to put that burden on the user, which I understand,
you have to make adjustments to the assembly manifests. This is not
unofficial or unsupported. It is a bug in Python that it embeds the
assemblyIdentity for VC90.CRT in all extensions build with
distutils/msvc9compiler.py. In fact, the *.pyd distributed with Python
2.6.3+ don't have that problem. Maybe you can raise your concerns about
future compatibility at <http://bugs.python.org/issue4120>.

Christoph