[Numpy-discussion] PyArray_SimpleNewFromData segfaults

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Oct 5 23:42:16 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 23:34, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

> The only mention of the _import_array() in the documentation that I
> found is here:
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/c-api.array.html#NO_IMPORT_ARRAY
>

> but I don't understand what it means ---- do I have to just call
> _import_array() and then I can use numpy CAPI, or do I also have to
> define those PY_ARRAY_UNIQUE_SYMBOL etc?

Not _import_array() but import_array().

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/c-api.array.html#importing-the-api

You don't have multiple files, so you only use import_array() and not
PY_ARRAY_UNIQUE_SYMBOL or NO_IMPORT_ARRAY.

I'm not really sure what is unclear about the text except that you
searched for the wrong spelling and found the wrong entry.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco