[Numpy-discussion] genfromtxt - the return

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Tue Oct 6 13:42:59 CDT 2009

On 10/05/2009 02:13 PM, Pierre GM wrote:
> All,
> Could you try r7449 ? I introduced some mechanisms to keep track of
> invalid lines (where the number of columns don't match what's
> expected). By default, a warning is emitted and these lines are
> skipped, but an optional argument gives the possibility to raise an
> exception instead.
> Now, I need more tests about wrong converters. I'm trying to optimize
> the upgrade mechanism (there are too many intertwined loops for my
> taste now), I'll keep you posted.
> Meanwhile, if you could come with more cases of failure, please send
> them my way.
> Cheers
> P.

Hi,
Excellent as the changes appear to address incorrect number of delimiters.

I think that the default invalid_raise should be True.

One 'feature' is that there is no way to indicate multiple delimiters
when the delimiter is whitespace.
A B C D
1 2 3 4
1     4 5

Which I consider a user beware issue when using whitespace as the
delimiter especially in Python.

Bruce