[Numpy-discussion] extension questions: f2py and cython

Andrew Hawryluk HAWRYLA@novachem....
Thu Oct 15 10:10:10 CDT 2009

As I understand it, uninitialized variables in Fortran are
compiler/system-dependent. Some compilers initialize values to zero,
many leave the previous contents of the memory in place. It is safest to
never use the value of an uninitialized variable.

Andrew