[Numpy-discussion] extension questions: f2py and cython

Andrew Hawryluk HAWRYLA@novachem....
Thu Oct 15 10:24:03 CDT 2009

I am using gfortran, which has a native Windows installer:
http://www.scipy.org/F2PY_Windows

I have also successfully used g95 with f2py on Windows.

When f2py runs this on Windows, it produces a *.pyd file that contains
the compiled code. E.g. myfoo.f --> myfoo.pyd. This is imported into
python with 'import myfoo'. The recipient of the windows binary needs
only the *.pyd file (and your *.py files).

Andrew