[Numpy-discussion] Fastest way to parsing a specific binay file

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Wed Sep 2 11:53:52 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no> wrote:

> Gökhan Sever skrev:
> > What would be wisest and fastest way to tackle this issue?
> Get the format, read the binary data directly, skip the ascii/regex part.
>
> I sometimes use recarrays with formatted binary data; just constructing
> a dtype and use numpy.fromfile to read. That works when the binary file
> store C structs written successively.
>
> Sturla Molden

How to use recarrays with variable-length data fields as well as metadata?
Eventually I will record the data with numpy arrays but not sure how to
utilize recarrays in the first stage.

--
Gökhan