[Numpy-discussion] Fastest way to parsing a specific binay file

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Wed Sep 2 12:33:14 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:53, Gökhan Sever<gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How to use recarrays with variable-length data fields as well as
> metadata?
>
> You don't.
>
> --
> Robert Kern

> though it had an underlying truth."
>  -- Umberto Eco

I was just confirming my guess :)

The data in the binary file was written in a variable-length fashion.
Although each chuck has a specific starting indication like
\x00\x00\@\x00$\x00\x02
the amount of the in each section varies depends on what was in the written
stream.

How your find suggestion work? It just returns the location of the first
occurrence.

--
Gökhan