[Numpy-discussion] snow leopard issues with numpy

Wolfgang Kerzendorf wkerzendorf@googlemail....
Fri Sep 4 04:59:07 CDT 2009

Dear all,

A recompile of matplotlib (Svn) did the trick. Thanks for the help.
I had issues with building scipy and numpy and Robert Kern helped me a
lot there. I think it would be useful in general if numpy and scipy
recommend compilers for OS X (perhaps on the download page for numpy
and scipy). I use the c compiler from hpc.sourceforge.net and use the
gfortran compiler from http://r.research.att.com/tools/ (recommended
by Robert Kern) and they seem to work.

Thanks again for the suggestions,
      Wolfgang