[Numpy-discussion] greppable file of all numpy functions ?

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Mon Sep 7 16:50:41 CDT 2009

numpy.lookfor does what you're looking for, though I know of no such
greppable file. You might be able to generate it thusly (untested):

import numpy
for key in dir(numpy):
	print key,
	if getattr(numpy, key).__doc__:
		print ':', getattr(numpy, key).__doc__.strip().split('\n')[0]