[Numpy-discussion] iteration slowing, no increase in memory

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Sep 10 12:09:52 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:03, John [H2O]<washakie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a routine that is iterating through a series of directories, loading
> files, plotting, then moving on...
>
> It runs very well for the first few iterations, but then slows tremendously
> - there is nothing significantly different about the files or directory in
> which it slows.

One thing you can do to verify this is to change the order of
iteration. You will also want to profile your code. Then you can see
what is taking up so much time.

  http://docs.python.org/library/profile

--
Robert Kern