[Numpy-discussion] iteration slowing, no increase in memory

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Sep 11 12:25:58 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM, John [H2O]<washakie@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a routine that is iterating through a series of directories, loading
> files, plotting, then moving on...
>
> It runs very well for the first few iterations, but then slows tremendously

You mention plotting.  I'd suggest checking  that you aren't holding
state inside matplotlib, which is exceedingly easy to do without
noticing if you only use the pylab/pyplot interface and don't take
care to clear things out.

As a quick check, disable the plotting by commenting the plot commands
out, but leave the rest of the code to run.  That will help isolate
whether the problem is indeed in your plotting code.

Cheers,