[Numpy-discussion] 64-bit Fedora 9 a=numpy.zeros(0x80000000, dtype='b1')

Sun Sep 13 09:11:46 CDT 2009

2009/9/13 Nadav Horesh <nadavh@visionsense.com>

> Could it be a problem of python version? I get no error with python2.6.2
> (on amd64 gentoo)
>
>  Nadav

Possibly, I get

In [1]: a=numpy.zeros(0x80000000,dtype='b1')
ValueError                                Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/charris/<ipython console> in <module>()

ValueError: Maximum allowed dimension exceeded

This on 32 bit fedora 11 with  python 2.6. Hmm, "maximum allowed size
exceeded" might be a better message.

Chuck