[Numpy-discussion] online Doc Editor [Re: `missing` argument in genfromtxt only a string?]

Tue Sep 15 15:22:34 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Tim Michelsen
<timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de>wrote:

> > I just wanted to point out that there is an easy way of making a
> > difference, and making sure that the docstrings get fixed (which is
> > indeed very important). If you go to http://docs.scipy.org/ and
> register,
> > send your login name on this mailing list, we will add you to the list of
> > editors, and you will be able to edit easily the docstrings of scipy SVN.
> I actually tried to add np.genfromtxt to the docs via that inteface.

It already exists in the docs:
http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.lib.io.genfromtxt/
Did you mean you tried to edit this page?

Unfortunately, I couldn't recover my password.

> Are there chances that such a functionality can be integrated in the
> docs editor?

There's a ticket for this functionality on the pydocweb tracker already.
Hopefully it gets implemented at some point.

Cheers,
Ralf