[Numpy-discussion] defmatrix move - new docstrings disappeared

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Thu Sep 17 11:19:30 CDT 2009

Hmm.. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/9732 ;-)

> I know it is quite a bit of work to do the merge. I remember Pauli saying
> that most of the work was reviewing all changes to make sure they are an
> improvement over the current svn version. Is that correct? I can help with
> that if necessary.

It's probably important that the documentation patches should be
committed pretty soon after being reviewed for obvious malicious code
and marked "OK to Apply". It's possible to edit docstrings that are
marked as "OK to apply", without this flag being removed.

If none of the current commiters have time to commit doc patches on
demand, then perhaps it makes sense to give commit access to someone
working actively on the documentation (Ralf, DavidG ?). This could be
on the understanding that only doc patches would be commited by this
person.

It's always going to be a lot of work when we let the trunk and
doc-editor get too far out of sync.

Cheers,
Scott