[Numpy-discussion] I want to help with a numpy python 3.1.x port

Sat Sep 19 00:41:47 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:14 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:49 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:36 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@gmail.com> wrote:
> for
> state. Do

> >> ah, bugger.  No I don't.  I can find out though...  I'll write back
> >> with what I find.
> >>

> >> cu,
> >>

> > ok... so this is the py3k branch here...
> >    svn checkout http://python-nose.googlecode.com/svn/branches/py3knose3
> >
> > It does look old, as nose has since moved to mecurial from svn.
> > Apparently it works though... but I haven't tried it.
> >
> > Here is the mailing list post from april which says it's working:
> >
> http://groups.google.com/group/nose-users/browse_thread/thread/3463fc48bad31ee8#
> >

> > btw, for python code you can run the test suite with python -3 to get
> > it to print warnings about python3 incompatible things used.  I think
> > we could use this to at least start getting python3 incompatible stuff
> > running on python2.6.
> >
> > In fact, that's where I'll start with.
> >

> > cheers,
> >

> Hi,
>
> I'll be uploading stuff to github at http://github.com/illume/numpy3k.
>    git clone git://github.com/illume/numpy3k.git

Hmm, that doesn't work for me, git finds no commits in common if I pull and,
as far as I can tell, essentially clones the whole thing. I quess that's
because I'm using git-svn and started in a different place for the initial
co and every commit to svn rebases. Diffs might be the easiest way to go.

Chuck