[Numpy-discussion] Numpy depends on OpenSSL ???

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Wed Sep 23 11:30:19 CDT 2009

On 23-Sep-09, at 11:52 AM, Mark Sienkiewicz wrote:

> I am building a 64 bit python environment for the macintosh.  I
> currently do not have a 64 bit openssl library installed, so the
> python
> interpreter does not have hashlib.  (hashlib gets its md5 function
> from
> the openssl library.)

If you're interested in remedying this with your Python build, have a
look at Mac/BuildScript, there is a bunch of logic there that
downloads various optional dependencies and builds them with the
selected architectures. It should not be difficult to modify it to
also grab and build openssl.

David