[Numpy-discussion] chebyshev polynomials

Thu Sep 24 14:58:36 CDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 14:18, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > As a side note, should the cheby* versions of `polyval`, `polymul` etc.
> > just be dropped to reduce namespace clutter? You can do the same things
> > already within just class methods and arithmetic.
>
> Just to clarify, you mean having classmethods that work on plain
> arrays of Chebyshev coefficients? I'm +1 on that. I'm -1 on only
> having a ChebyPoly class with instance methods, although it would be
> useful to have as an adjunct to the plain routines.

I have a set of functions that does the first (works on multidimensional
arrays of coefficients, actually), but I am open to ideas of what such a
chebyschev class with these methods should look like. An interval of
definition should probably be part of the ctor. Thoughts?

Chuck