[Numpy-discussion] np.any and np.all short-circuiting

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Sep 24 20:41:23 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Citi, Luca <lciti@essex.ac.uk> wrote:
> I am sorry.
> I followed your suggestion.
> I re-checked out the svn folder and then compiled with
> $ python setup.py build_src --inplace build_ext --inplace
> but I get the same behaviour.
> If I am inside I get the NameError, if I am outside and use path.insert, it successfully performs zero tests.

There is a problem with numpy tests when you import numpy with the
install being in the current directory. It happens when you build in
place and launch python in the source directory, but it also happens
if you happen to be in site-packages, and import numpy installed
there. When the issue was last discussed, Robert suggested it was a
nose issue.

cheers,

David