[Numpy-discussion] Antwort: Re: Numpy savetxt: change decimal separator

markus.proeller@if... markus.proeller@if...
Fri Sep 25 00:31:19 CDT 2009

>> I was fiddeling with the same problem here:
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/23418
>>
>> So far, one can only open the file and prepend the header line.
>>
>> I just files an enhancement request for this:
>> proposal: add a header and footer function to numpy.savetxt
>> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1236
>>
>> Regards,
>> Timmie
Hi Timmie,

thanks for that, this would be a very good first step, still having the
problem, that the local representation of the decimal point is not
covered...
Of course the porblem can be handeled by a further file parser and a
remove('.',',') method, but it looses a bit of the "straight forward" way.

Markus