[Numpy-discussion] numpy install script changes permissions?

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Fri Sep 25 09:10:34 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Chris Colbert <sccolbert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to bring up an old topic again, but I still haven't managed to
> resolve  this issue concerning numpy and nose tests...
>
> On a fresh numpy 1.3.0 build from source tarball on sourceforge:
>
> On ubuntu 9.04 x64 I issue the following commands:
>
> cd numpy-1.3.0
> python setup.py
> sudo python setup.py install
>

> In the source build folder, all numpy test scripts have the correct
> permissions and are not marked as executable,
>
> but in the install directory
> (/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/), the test test scripts
> have completely different permissions, and are all marked as
> executable. Thus, nose wont run the tests.
>
> This happens with scipy too. Is this a bug in the numpy/scipy build
> script, or just my ineptness at installing things through the command
> line?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Hmm, I don't have this problem from svn.  You can pass
extra_argv=['--exe'] to the test command to get them to run I believe,
but I don't know if that's the solution you're looking for.

Skipper