[Numpy-discussion] F2PY error : ... on platform 'posix' with 'gcc' compiler

Arthur Bousquet arthbous@indiana....
Fri Sep 25 10:19:58 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have a Mac with snow leopard 10.6. I compiled Python2.6.2, numpy1.3 and
matplotlib from the sources.
I tried to compiled a library (named libsw), that I have made in fortran,
with f2py but I got the following error :

running build_ext
error: don't know how to compile C/C++ code on platform 'posix' with 'gcc'
compiler
make[1]: *** [libsw] Error 1
make: *** [libsw] Error 2

Noteworthy, my library is correct because I can compile it with f2py on my
Ubuntu desktop.
Does anyone knows where this error comes from ?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Arthur