[Numpy-discussion] Question about improving genfromtxt errors

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Fri Sep 25 13:25:22 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry all, I haven't been as respondent as I wished lately...
> * About the patch: I don't like the idea of adding yet some other
> tests in the main loop. I was more into letting things like they are,
> but calling some error function if some 'setting an array element with
> a sequence' exception is raised. This function would take 'rows' as an
> input and would check the length of each row. That way, we don't slow
> things down when everything works, but just add some delay when they
> don't. I'll try to come up w/ something soon (in the next couple of
> weeks).

Ok.

> * About the converter error: there's indeed a bug in
> StringConverter.upgrade, I need to write some unittests to make sure I
> get it covered. If you could get me some sample code, that'd be great.

Hmm, I'm not sure that the error I'm seeing is the same as the bug we
had previously discussed.  In this case, the converters are wrong and
I need to know about it.  I will try to post an example of the two
times I've seen this error raised when I get a minute.

Skipper