[Numpy-discussion] Question about improving genfromtxt errors

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Fri Sep 25 14:42:45 CDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
>>> * About the converter error: there's indeed a bug in
>>> StringConverter.upgrade, I need to write some unittests to make sure I
>>> get it covered. If you could get me some sample code, that'd be great.
>>>
>> Hmm, I'm not sure that the error I'm seeing is the same as the bug we
>> had previously discussed.  In this case, the converters are wrong and
>> I need to know about it.  I will try to post an example of the two
>> times I've seen this error raised when I get a minute.
>>
>> Skipper
>>
> Please!
> Samples of using it would be great.

As far as this goes, I added some examples to the docs wiki, but I
think that genfromtxt and related would be best served by having their
own wiki page that could maybe go here
<http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy-docs/user/>

Thoughts?  I can work on it as I find time.

Also while I'm thinking about it, I filed an enhancement ticket and
patch to use the autostrip keyword to get rid of whitespace in strings
<http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1238>

Skipper