[Numpy-discussion] glumpy: fast OpenGL numpy visualization + matplotlib integration

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Mon Sep 28 11:05:48 CDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Nicolas Rougier
<Nicolas.Rougier@loria.fr>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> glumpy is a fast OpenGL visualization tool for numpy arrays coded on
> top of pyglet (http://www.pyglet.org/). The package contains many
> demos showing basic usage as well as integration with matplotlib. As a
> reference, the animation script available from matplotlib distribution
> runs at around 500 fps using glumpy instead of 30 fps on my machine.
>
> Package/screenshots/explanations at:
> http://www.loria.fr/~rougier/coding/glumpy.html<http://www.loria.fr/%7Erougier/coding/glumpy.html>
> (it does not require installation so you can run demos from within the
> glumpy directory).
>

> Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

This is technically called OpenGL backend, isn't it? It is nice that
integrates with matplotlib, however 300 hundred lines of code indeed a lot
of lines for an ordinary user. Do you think this could be further integrated
into matplotlib with a wrapper to simplify its usage?

--
Gökhan