[Numpy-discussion] Question about improving genfromtxt errors

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Tue Sep 29 12:05:13 CDT 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Pierre GM wrote:
> Another idea: only store the indexes of the rows that have the "wrong"
> number of columns -- if that's a large number, then then user has
> bigger
> problems than memory usage!

That was my first idea, but then it adds tests in the inside loop
(which is what I'm trying to avoid)...

>> I can't think of a case where I would want to just skip bad rows.
>
> I can't either, but someone suggested it. It certainly shouldn't
> happen
> by default or without a big ol' message of some sort to the user's
> code.

That was my intention.

OK, I should be able to start working on that in the next few days.
Meanwhile, it'd be great if y'all could send me some test cases (so
that I can find which method works best).
Cheers
P.