[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] Deprecate chararray [was Plea for help]

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Wed Sep 30 16:33:00 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> So, Ralf (or anyone), how, if at all, should we modify the status of the
>> existing chararray objects/methods in the wiki?
>

> Nothing has to be done until *after* Mike has committed his changes to svn.
> Please see my previous email for what has to happen at that point. Since
> Mike wrote the new docstrings it would be best if he updated the status of
> the wiki pages then.

OK; Mike: hopefully it will be clear what you have to do to update the
status (it's pretty trivial) but of course don't hesitate to email (you can
do so off-list if you prefer) w/ any questions; unfortunately, AFAIK,
there's no way to update the status of many docstrings all at once - you'll
have to do them each individually (if you like, let me know when you've
committed them and I can help - it sounds like there will be a lot); the
main "silly" thing to remember is that the option to change the "Review
status" only appears if you're logged in. :-)

>   Assuming you have no problem sharing them with me, Michael, I could add
>> those docstrings you created for the existing methods,
>>

> They will show up in the wiki when they get committed to svn (presumably
> within a few days), so this is needless effort for the most part. If there
> are different changes in the wiki and svn, that will show up in the "merge"
> page.
>
> The ony thing that requires manual effort is if there are changes in the
> wiki and the object got moved in svn.

And, as above, updating the status in the Wiki. :-)

DG