[Numpy-discussion] Asymmetry in Chebyshev.deriv v. Chebyshev.integ

Fri Apr 2 12:42:34 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com>wrote:

> '1.4.0'
> Chebyshev([ 0.], [-1.,  1.])
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 441, in integ
>   File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\numpy\polynomial\chebyshev.py", line
> 739,
> in chebint
>     k = list(k) + [0]*(m - len(k))
> TypeError: can't multiply sequence by non-int of type 'float'
> Chebyshev([ 0.,  1.], [-1.,  1.])

I don't think it should accept a float when an integer is needed. That said,
I should either raise a more informative error or folks should convince me
that floats are a reasonable input for the number of integrations.

Chuck