[Numpy-discussion] Annoyance of memap rray withmultiprocessing.Pool.applay_async

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Apr 4 11:45:16 CDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 22:35, Nadav Horesh <nadavh@visionsense.com> wrote:
> Got it, thank you.
> But why, nevertheless, the results are correct although the pickling is impossible?

Rather, I meant that they don't pickle correctly. They use ndarray's
pickling, which will copy the data, and then reconstruct an ndarray on
the other side and just change the type to memmap without actually
memory-mapping the file. Thus you have a __del__ method referring to
attributes that haven't been set up.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."