[Numpy-discussion] Math Library

Mon Apr 5 10:40:38 CDT 2010

Hi All,

David Cournapeau has mentioned that he would like to have a numpy math
library that would supply missing functions and I'm wondering how we should
organise the source code. Should we put a mathlib directory in
numpy/core/src? Inside that directory would be functions for
single/double/extended/quad precision. Should they be in separate
directories? What about complex versions? I'm thinking that a good start
would be to borrow the msun functions for doubles. We should also make a
list of what functions would go into the library and what interface the
complex functions present.

Thoughts?

Chuck