[Numpy-discussion] Numpy Segmentation Fault

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Thu Apr 8 11:04:04 CDT 2010

On 04/08/2010 10:05 AM, Yogesh Tomar wrote:
> I have confirmed it,
> It seems like this is a garbage collection issue and very likely a ref
> count one.
>
> How can these kind of things can be fixed?
>
> Regards,
> Yogesh Tomar
>

> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Yogesh Tomar <ytomar@gmail.com
> <mailto:ytomar@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I also think the same. There is some problem with my python
>     installation.
>     Because a similar installation python-2.6.4 and numpy-1.3.0 which
>     I did elsewhere does not seg fault for the same code.
>
>     But I need your help to figure it out.
>     Can you please elaborate on ref count bug? that might help.
>
>     Regards,
>     Yogesh Tomar
>

>     On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM, David Cournapeau
>     <cournape@gmail.com <mailto:cournape@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Yogesh Tomar <ytomar@gmail.com
>         <mailto:ytomar@gmail.com>> wrote:
>         > numpy 1.3.0 also segfaults the same way.
>
>         I mean building numpy 1.3.0 against python 2.6.1 instead of
>         2.6.4 -
>         since the crash happen on a python you built by yourself,
>         that's the
>         first thing I would look into before looking into numpy or
>         python bug.
>
>         > Is it the problem with libc library?
>
>         Very unlikely, this looks like a ref count bug,
>
>         cheers,
>
>         David

Hi,
Based on the list, I always suspect lapack/atlas issues when I see
problems related to eigenvalues.

What is configuration including lapack/atlas ie the output from
'numpy.show_config()'?

Bruce