[Numpy-discussion] Math Library

Travis Oliphant oliphant@enthought....
Mon Apr 12 17:19:11 CDT 2010

On Apr 11, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Sebastian Walter wrote:

> Ermm, the reply above is quite poor, sorry about that.
> What I meant to say is the following:
>
> If there is going to be a discussion about creating a pure C numpy
> library I'd like to join ;)

Great.   I would really like to get the discussion going.   In an
ideal world we can finish any kind of significant re-factoring in time
for SciPy this year.    It actually feels like the kind of thing that
can motivate NumPy 2.0 a bit better.

It sounds to me like nobody will be opposed as long as there is
continuity to the project and current code still works without
disruption (i.e. the current C-API for Python extensions is available).

I am interested in re-factoring in such a way to create minimal impact
on current NumPy C-API users, but improve maintainability going
forward and the ability for other projects to use NumPy.

-Travis

--
Travis Oliphant
Enthought Inc.